Walsall Maps is an interactive system which allows you to search and view a range of mapped data provided by Walsall Council departments. You can use the various tools to pan around a map, zoom in and out or ‘point and click’ to reveal detailed information about a feature or location. Alternatively, you can use the address search page to quickly locate a property or street. The following themed maps are available to speed up your enquiry:
- Planning applications and Unitary Development Plan policies
- Parks and play areas
- Recycling centres
- Primary, secondary, special needs and nursery schools
- Conservation areas.
To use Walsall Maps you will need to read and accept the conditions of use below.
Terms and conditions of use
It is important to note that property boundaries shown on the mapping and data in Walsall Maps do not relate to legal land ownership boundaries; land ownership queries should be referred to HM Land Registry.
- Walsall Maps makes use of a 3rd party product: PlanAccess.
- PlanAccess is designed to be used with Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 and Netscape version 4.0 and above.
- PlanAccess should work effectively with Internet connection speeds from 56kbps dial up to Broadband.
- PlanAccess uses pop up windows, for example to display text information resulting from an Info click at any point on the map in a specific theme. To view these pop up windows you will need to ensure that you have switched off any 'anti pop up' software you have set up on your PC; if the pop up windows cannot be viewed, PlanAccess will not show details as required.
- If there is no map displayed in the map area in PlanAccess you may need to download free Java Runtime Environment software to be able to view the maps.
Ordnance Survey Copyright and Statement of purpose
The Ordnance Survey mapping in Walsall Maps is provided by Walsall Council under licence from the Ordnance Survey on behalf of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office Crown Copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings. Walsall Council, Licence Number 100019529, 2005. The Ordnance Survey mapping in Walsall Maps is provided by Walsall Council in order to fulfil its public function to make information available, as part of the Council’s e-government strategy. Persons viewing this mapping should contact the Ordnance Survey for advice where they wish to licence Ordnance Survey map data for their own use.
The Aerial Photographs used in Walsall Maps are provided by Walsall Council under licence from Cities Revealed® aerial photography copyright The GeoInformation® Group 2000 and Crown Copyright © All rights reserved.
This disclaimer contains links to other websites; please note that Walsall Council is not responsible for the content of these other websites, or for the privacy information on other websites.
Walsall Council retains copyright to all original material in Walsall Maps unless stated otherwise.
Acceptance of conditions of use
This page was last updated on 11 November 2016