Application Forms and Fees
Black Country Validation Checklist
Following consultation on a new joint validation checklist covering the Black Country earlier this year, we are going live with a new document titled 'What do I need to submit a planning application?'. This replaces our previous local validation checklist and all planning applications received on or after the 1st September 2012 will need to take account of the revised information requirements. You can view the document and find out more in the link below:
Apply Online (the fastest way to apply for planning permission)
Benefits of applying online include:
- You can work on your application in draft before submission
- Immediate delivery and acknowledgement
- Savings on postage and printing costs
- Online help function when completing applications
- Online record of your completed applications
If you prefer you can complete your application form online and submit supporting documents and fees by post.
Please note a planning application cannot be progressed until all the necessary supporting information and the appropriate fee is received.
- View a visual walkthrough of the online application service
- Guidance notes on submitting electronic files with planning applications (PDF 20KB)
You can download, print out and submit by post
You will be asked to specify the local planning authority to which the application will be sent (alternatively you can search using the site address) and which application type you require (with optional help in selecting the application type).
The system will then provide you with the correct form and associated help text as well as a general guidance note on making the application.
Please note that these forms are designed to be printed out and completed by hand. If you want to complete a form on the computer and then print it out, you are advised to use our online application service to complete the form and then the ‘Print Entire Application’ function.
- Notice Under Article 11 of Application for Planning Permission for Householder Development.
(This notice is to be printed and served on individuals prior to completing Certificate B or C in the application form.)
- Notice Under Article 6 of Application for FULL Planning Permission (PDF 163KB)
- Download the Supporting Documentation/Drawing Schedule to include with your application (DOC 92KB)
Darlaston Local Development Order
How much does it cost?
Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
If you are having construction or refurbishment work done, you may need to notify the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and you may have other duties as well.
- Visit the HSE website www.hse.gov.uk/construction/cdm/buildingcontrol.htm
Contact the Planning Portal
Regeneration - Planning and Building Control
2nd Floor, Civic Centre
Telephone 01922 652677
Textphone and TextBox 0845 111 2910
At the First Stop Shop www.walsall.gov.uk/first_stop_shop.htm
Office opening times
- Monday to Thursday: 8.45am – 5.15pm
- Friday: 8.45am - 4.45pm
Please view our complaints and compliments webpage where you can complete an online contact form or alternatively you can print and complete our comments, compliments and complaints form.
- View our complaints/compliments webpage
This page was last updated on 14 November 2014