Make an application
You can either make an application yourself or employ an agent to do it for you.
We encourages the use of the Planning Portal and we urge agents and applicants to submit their planning applications online. You can upload drawings, fill out an interactive application form and pay for your application online. further information is provided via the links below
- Download paper application forms
- How much does it cost?
- What information should I submit with my application? (opens new window)
- Can my application be made invalid?
- Guidance on drawings and plans
- Design and Access Statements
- Disabled applicants
- Planning application process
- What consultations are carried out?
- Access our full range of useful tools including the Fee Calculator and carbon Calculator.
- Guidance and policies
- Find out if you need planning permission
- Planning Practice Guidance - Provided by the Planning Portal
Please ensure that you read the application forms and accompanying guidance notes carefully. The application will only be registered if the forms have been correctly completed and it is accompanied by all the necessary supporting information.
Invalid applications will not be registered, resulting in a delay in your decision.
- Discuss your proposal with a Planning Officer before making an application. A Duty Officer is available between 8.45am - 5.15pm Monday to Thursday and 8.45am - 4.45pmon a Friday at The Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall; to give informal advice on straight forward enquiries. You may need to make an appointment to discuss something more complex.
- Discuss your proposal with neighbours/the local community before making an application.
- Check you have filled in the forms properly.
- Check you have sent us the right number of plans.
- Check you have sent the correct fee.
- Check that you have sent the right supporting information with your application.
For a fast and easy submission use the planning portal, the portal can help you achieve our requirements www.planningportal.gov.uk
Regeneration - Planning and Building Control
2nd Floor, Civic Centre
Telephone 01922 652677
Textphone and TextBox 0845 111 2910
At the First Stop Shop www.walsall.gov.uk/first_stop_shop.htm
Office opening times
- Monday to Thursday: 8.45am – 5.15pm
- Friday: 8.45am - 4.45pm
Please view our complaints and compliments webpage where you can complete an online contact form or alternatively you can print and complete our comments, compliments and complaints form.
- View our complaints/compliments webpage
This page was last updated on 25 March 2014