Local History Centre
Welcome to Walsall Local History Centre, the Archive Service and Local Studies Library for Walsall Council.
|Tuesday||10am – 4pm|
|Wednesday||10am – 7pm|
|Thursday||10am – 1pm|
|Saturday||10am – 1pm|
|Sunday, Monday, Friday and Bank Holidays||Closed|
We do not provide access to archives, maps or photographs between 12pm and 2pm (Tuesday and Wednesday).
NEW PUBS EXHIBITION NOW OPEN
Our new exhibition, 'Pubs Galore!' opened on Saturday 20th August 2016 and runs till 15th November 2016. It covers the ever-popular topic of public house history in Walsall borough. Admission is free during normal opening hours.
You can download our current general information leaflet (PDF384KB) or pick up a copy from Walsall Local History Centre.
Historic images of Walsall are available to view at the Centre or on the 'A Click in Time' website.
For news and information read our blog:
Attractions and facilities
- Free on site parking
- Disabled access
- Drinks facility
- Friendly, fully trained staff who can help with your family and local history inquiries
- Access to resources on family and local history ranging in date from c1225 to the present day
- A range of local history publications for sale
- A free one hour session with an experienced family history researcher who will help if you are starting out on family history or have hit a brick wall
- A chance to explore stories from the past and contribute your memories
We can carry out research on your behalf for a maximum of one hour. The charge for this is available on request. Search forms and details are available here
Walsall Local History Centre
Telephone (+44) 01922 652212
This page was last updated on 19 September 2016