Local History Centre
|It is likely that Walsall Local History Centre will be closed on Thursday 10 July 2014 due to strike action. Please check before visiting us on that day. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.|
Welcome to Walsall Local History Centre, the Archive Service and Local Studies Library for Walsall Council.
Walsall Local History Centre blog
For more news and information, please read our blog at:
- Tuesday 9.30am - 5.30pm
- Wednesday 9.30am - 7pm
- Thursday 9.30am - 5.30pm
- Saturday 9.30am - 1pm
General information and events
You can download our current general information leaflet and our latest public events leaflet in PDF format by clicking on the following links. The events leaflet will be revised from time to time as indicated:
- Walsall local history centre leaflet (PDF 723KB)
- Events leaflet January - June 2014 revised 18 January 2014 (PDF)
Both leaflets are also available in printed form from Walsall Local History Centre.
Attractions and facilities
- Free admission
- Free on site parking
- Disabled access
- Drinks facility
- Friendly, fully trained staff who can help with your family and local history inquiries
- Access to resources on family and local history ranging in date from 1225 to the present day
- A range of local history publications for sale
- Regular events
- Free introductory sessions on the Ancestry family history database and our family history resources
- An hour’s free session with an experienced family history researcher who will help if you are starting out on family history or have hit a brick wall
- Workshops and courses in family and local history
- In-house Photographic Service providing images to both private and commercial customers.
- A paid research service if you would like us to do your research for you
- A chance to explore stories from the past and contribute your memories
Walsall's Great War 2 June 2014 to 29 November 2014.
As we think about the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War and the tremendous impact which it made, this exhibition echoes the impact of the war on the home front in Walsall. From local hospitals to events to the Zeppelin raid, find out how the town responded.
Admission FREE during normal opening hours.
All users are welcome to visit us to carry out their inquiries in person and there is no charge for access to the centre. However if you are unable to visit us we can carry out research on your behalf for half an hour or a maximum of one hour. The charge for the research service is £8 per half hour. The search forms and details are available on this website under the menu heading services, copy and research service.
Keep in touch
Simply search for Walsall Local History Centre when logged in to Facebook, then click on Like to follow us once you have found our page.
Internet users can now sign up to follow Walsall Local History Centre’s news and announcements via Twitter messages by visiting the centre’s page at twitter.com/WalsallLHCentre The centre’s Flickr page may be viewed at www.flickr.com/photos/walsallhistory.
Walsall Local History Centre
Telephone (U.K.) 01922 721305- (International) +44 1922 721305
Fax (U.K.) 01922 634954 - (International) +44 1922 634954
This page was last updated on 07 July 2014