Private Streetworks Licence

Private Streetworks Licence

In accordance with section 50 of the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 (NRSWA) private contractors may apply to Walsall council as the highway authority for permission to carry our works on adopted public highway.

A license granted by the highway authority will allow a person/organisation who does not possess a statutory right from the Department for Transport (DfT) to place, retain or remove apparatus in the street or to undertake works necessary to that purpose.

Please note that this license should be used only for installation, removal or maintenance of apparatus in the highway.

This application does not cover works relating to domestic/industrial crossings or the construction of new bellmouths. Please see the relevant page for the appropriate application form if this is required.

The application pack to obtain a private streetworks license in accordance with Section 50 of NRSWA is available for download:

In addition to the below application pack, please note that additional information is also required, including a copy of the companies public liability insurance for a minimum of £5,000,000 and a copy of the supervisors and operatives NRSWA qualification cards.

Contact must also be made with statutory undertakers to ensure that they have no objections to any proposed works.

Contact us

Traffic Management and Coordination Team
2nd Floor, Civic Centre
Darwall Street
West Midlands

Telephone 01922 654663
Fax 01922 654800

This page was last updated on 27 September 2016