The Regeneration Directorate at Walsall Council offer a wide range of functions and services to help stimulate, promote and co-ordinate regeneration activity by creating the conditions to attract investment and realise development opportunities, whilst creating and sustaining jobs within the borough.
The following are some of key wor kstreams which are helping to shape the future of the borough:
- To understand and reflect on regional, national and international market demands and trends and to help position Walsall in such a way as to attract investment through creating conditions which are more favourable for investment.
- Considerable work with developers andl land owners in helping to de-risk sites which have potential for development.
- Disposing of Council owned assets (land and buildings) which can contribute to providing attractive development opportunities, (whilst improving the Councils operational efficiency and reducing costs).
- Develop innovative and creative mechanisms with the private sector and partner organisations which help to attract and retain investment in the Borough.
- Understand funding streams and opportunities by working closely with Government so that the Borough is in a favourable position to recieve funding which can enhance development and investment opportunities.
- Developing the Enterprise Zone as one of the Countries flagship industrial led regeneration initiatives for job creation and improving the boroughs economic prosperity.
Find out how Walsall Council is transforming where you live through regeneration.
Regeneration Development and Delivery
Economy and Environment
2nd Floor, Civic Centre
Telephone 01922 654746
Fax 01922 652489
This page was last updated on 03 November 2016