Museum service standards
What does the Museums Service do?
We celebrate Walsall's unique history through collecting, documenting, and preserving relevant items, and by making them accessible to as wide a range of audiences as possible.
What can I expect from the Museums Service?
- a range of displays and changing exhibitions.
- guided tours by knowledgeable and friendly staff
- events and hands-on activities for all age groups, from toddlers to OAPs.
- an educational service actively supporting visiting groups
- outreach support by our trained staff to schools, colleges and groups across the region
- a range of publications on local history topics
- visitor-friendly opening hours, including Saturdays and some bank holidays.
- informative and up to date websites
- a free enquiry and identification service
- research facilities available, free of charge
- conference facilities for public use
- clear and accurate publicity.
What can you expect from me?
- Being considerate of other visitors.
- Letting staff know if I require any help
- Observing no-smoking rules
- Exercising care when visiting
- Letting staff know if I have to cancel a booking
What are the Museums Service's customer care values?
- We will handle your request promptly
- We will maintain high accessibility and availability of service
- We will provide an effective service that meets your needs
- We will be fair and courteous regardless of your ethnicity, disability or gender
- We will be helpful and strive to go the extra mile to meet and/or exceed your expectations
- We will provide all information you require to satisfy your needs
- We will ensure that our people are professional well trained and knowledgeable and where information systems are used such as kiosks, that the level of service is maintained
- We will ensure that your request is owned by the first person you contact
- We will fully protect your privacy and information about you will be treated as confidential
- We will strive to deliver what you need
How can I comment on the service?
Have we done a good job? Then Tell Us! We have a form on which you can make comments, suggest how we can improve services or make a formal complaint. The Tell Us! forms are available in all reception areas. If you prefer, contact us directly and we will send you one. If you have internet access, you can complete the form online at www.walsall.gov.uk/tellus/
How can I contact you?
Our opening hours are:
Walsall Leather Museum
Tuesday to Saturday 10.00 to 17:00 (April-Oct); Tuesday –Saturday 10.00-16.00 (Nov-March);
Write to us or visit us at:
Walsall Leather Museum:
Littleton Street West,
Phone: 01922 652288
This page was last updated on 03 November 2016