Finding a home
This section of the website provides information on finding a home. Please use the links on the right hand side to view further information.
As well as a range of national websites that you can use to look for private rented properties you can now look at one that has been developed for the West Midlands.
Looking for somewhere new to live? Do it the easy way, use West Midlands Homes. This is quick and easy way of finding private tented accommodation.
- It’s FREE to register your requirements and receive alerts about new properties as soon as they come onto the market
- WestMidlandshomes.org.uk provides in – depth information about each property
- Confused about what accommodation you can afford? Use the Local Housing Allowance calculator to help you work it out
- Want to know what your family think before you view a property? Use the links to quickly share property information with family and friends
- It is also a one stop shop for information and advice about renting accommodation such as safety issues and your rights as a tenant
Visit www.westmidlandshomes.org.uk to register and find out more.
Walsall Council has no housing of its own to rent but there are lots of housing associations (Social Housing providers) in the borough. Check out the Access to Housing booklet it tells you about:
- Housing Associations (Social Housing) in the area and where they have properties
- How to contact them
- How to make an application for housing
- The type of accommodation housing associations have
Looking for a mutual exchange? There is now a new mutual exchange website.
Lets Swap is just for the West Midlands and is a new way for tenants to swap homes. It is simple and easy to use.
You can browse properties without registering, advertise your home, search for a swap by postcode - within a mile from your home, and apply online when you agree to swap with another tenant.
- Check it out at www.lets-swap.org
- View the Access to housing (PDF 1.75MB)
- View the Housing for Older People, Age Restricted booklet (PDF 2.30MB)
- View the 'Choice Based Lettings Guide - Easy Read' (PDF 415KB)
- View 'Supporting A Person To Use Choice Based Lettings' (Word 202KB)
- View 'The Cost of Moving Out' booklet (PDF 523KB)
- View the 'Overcrowding' booklet (PDF 535KB)
- View the 'Is Your Rented Home too Large?' booklet (PDF 99KB)
Further information on homelessness can be found at www.homelessblackcountry.org.
Walsall Housing Group have a new Housing waiting list that will go live on the 6th December, if you have forgotten your memorable date for your housing application form please contact Walsall Housing Group for help with resetting your memorable date. Please call 0300 555 6666 or call in your closest whg office.
If you need information please contact:
Homeless and Housing Advice Service
The Civic Centre
Telephone 01922 653405
Out of hours emergencies 01922 650000
This page was last updated on 22 April 2015