Finding a home
This section of the website provides information on finding a home. Please use the links on the right hand side to view further information.
Strategic Housing Services together with its housing association partners have produced an Access to Housing booklet. The booklet tells you about housing in Walsall. It also tells you about:
- Housing Associations in the area
- How to contact them
- How to make an application for housing
- Where housing associations have their properties
- The type of accommodation housing associations have
Looking for a mutual exchange? There is now a new mutual exchange website.
Lets Swap is just for the West Midlands and is a new way for tenants to swap homes. It is simple and easy to use.
You can browse properties without registering, advertise your home, search for a swap by postcode - within a mile from your home, and apply online when you agree to swap with another tenant.
- Check it out at www.lets-swap.org
- View the Access to housing (PDF 1.75MB)
- View the Housing for Older People, Age Restricted booklet (PDF 2.30MB)
- View the 'Choice Based Lettings Guide - Easy Read' (PDF 415KB)
- View 'Supporting A Person To Use Choice Based Lettings' (Word 202KB)
- View 'The Cost of Moving Out' booklet (PDF 523KB)
- View the 'Overcrowding' booklet (PDF 535KB)
- View the 'Is Your Rented Home too Large?' booklet (PDF 99KB)
Further information on homelessness can be found at www.homelessblackcountry.org.
Walsall Housing Group have a new Housing waiting list that will go live on the 6th December, if you have forgotten your memorable date for your housing application form please contact Walsall Housing Group for help with resetting your memorable date. Please call 0300 555 6666 or call in your closest whg office.
If you need information please contact:
Homeless and Housing Advice Service
The Civic Centre
Telephone 01922 653405
Out of hours emergencies 01922 650000
This page was last updated on 12 June 2014