Street care and cleaning
Clean and Green Services arrange the cleansing of public highways in the borough of Walsall including:
- Car parks operated by Walsall Council
We carry out specialised cleaning including
- Pressure washing of the town centres
- Chewing gum removal by steam cleaning
Our cleansing force also responds to reports of fly tipping, graffiti and fly posting and we also empty and repair litter bins.
What can you expect of our service?
- Our cleansing operations will respond promptly to complaints of litter or fly tipping on the highway.
- We will wash and disinfect certain town centre areas as required.
- Carriageways and footways are subject to the seasonal treatment of weeds and collection of leaves.
- We arrange for the removal of dead animals from the public highway.
How you can help us?
- Please put your litter into the bins provided.
- The maximum fine for causing litter is £2,500.
- Please clear up after your dog. 'Poop scoops' and plastic bags can be purchased from pet shops. The maximum penalty for dog fouling is £1,000.
- Your refuse and recyclables should be put into suitable containers to avoid litter.
Please use our enquiry form to report problems for the following:
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Animal - Fouling
- Animal - Dead
- Litter Bins
- Markets - Cleaning
- Road Spillage
- Street Cleansing
This section of the website provides information on street care and cleaning. Please use the links on the right hand side to view further information. The council normally only deals with issues on council land or property, not private property, with the exception of some graffiti removal.
Clean and Green
Walsall Council Environmental Depot
200 Pelsall Road
Telephone 01922 653344
This page was last updated on 25 November 2016