We will empty your green recycling bin every two weeks. We'll let you know if we plan to collect weekly over the winter months.
Please stick to the Top 20 below- don’t include anything you are unsure about, or have not been asked to recycle for Walsall. If you are unsure about any item just put it into your grey bin instead.
Strictly no food waste, general rubbish, nappies, black bags, clothing/bedding or electrical items in your green bin or communal recycling bin, as they cause problems at the recycling plant.
If you have any further queries please call our helpline on 01922 653344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the top 20 groups of items below can go into your green recycling bin:
- Plastic bottles, including: milk bottles, soft drinks bottles, water bottles, cleaning product bottles and beauty product bottles.
- Plastic tubs, including: margarine tubs, butter tubs, soft cheese tubs, egg boxes, yoghurt pots, cream pots. Please rinse out.
- White ready meal food trays and clear fruit trays. Please rinse out.
- Empty carrier bags. No other types of plastic bag please.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Junk mail, greetings cards, envelopes, wrapping paper.
- Yellow pages, telephone directories, paperback books.
- Writing paper and printer paper.
- Shredded paper.
- Food cans. Please rinse out. No pet food pouches please.
- Drink cans.
- Clean kitchen foil from a roll.
- Foil dishes. Please rinse out.
- Aerosol cans, but no lighter fuel cans please.
- Cardboard and corrugated boxes.
- Cardboard cereal boxes and washing powder boxes.
- Milk or fruit juice cartons.
- Cardboard eggboxes.
- Glass bottles of all colours. Please don’t leave the tops screwed on.
- Glass jars. Please don’t leave the tops screwed on
Clean and Green Services
Walsall Council Environment Depot
200 Pelsall Road
Telephone 01922 653344
This page was last updated on 18 November 2013