This section of the website provides information on pollution. Please use the links on the right hand side to view further information.
Pollution control provides a specialist range of monitoring, investigation and enforcement services covering:
- air pollution and air quality
- contaminated land
- noise and vibration
The functions undertaken by pollution control include:
- review and assessment of air quality
- identification and regulation of contaminated land
- routine monitoring of landfill gas at closed council landfill sites
- noise and vibration measurements and analyses
- regulation of industrial processes
- investigation of complaints concerning industry
- provision of environmental data and information and
- provision of advice and technical support for the Building Regulation, regeneration and development control processes
What can I expect from the Pollution Control Service?
Following a request for service we will aim to respond within severn working days of the original enquiry.
We will respond to written requests for information and/or advice within five working days.
What do you expect from me?
To enable us to provide as efficient a service as possible, please ensure that you:
- Provide as much information as possible regarding your enquiry
- include your name and address and a contact telephone number wherever possible
- give full details and circumstances of your enquiry and
- any information or documentation already in your possession.
What are your customer care values?
- We will handle your request promptly
- We will maintain high accessibility and availability of service
- We will provide an effective service that meets your needs
- We will be fair and courteous regardless of your ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religious belief or sexuality
- We will be helpful and strive to go the extra mile to meet and/or exceed your expectations
- We will provide all the information you require to satisfy your needs
- We will ensure that our people are professional, well trained and knowledgeable
- We will ensure that your request is owned by the first person you contact
- We will fully protect your privacy and information about you will be treated as confidential
- We will strive to deliver what you need but be clear about the extent of the service which we can provide.
Planning, Engineering and Transportation Services
Zone 2K 2nd floor, Civic Centre
Telephone 01922 658040
You can use our online contact form for general enquiries, compliments and complaints.
This page was last updated on 25 November 2016