Works to your domestic property (such as those listed in the Do I need Planning Permission section) classifies as householder works.
Some householder developments can fall within 'Permitted Development'. This is work that is approved to be undertaken without the need for planning permission, assuming the works stay within certain limits.
In brief, the key changes include allowing the following without the need for planning permission.
- larger single storey rear extensions to residential properties
- larger extensions to industrial and warehousing premises, shops and offices
- conversions between office and residential uses
- more flexible uses of shops, offices, residential institutions and agricultural buildings
- easier conversion of premises for school uses
- telecom installations in conservation areas
Please note : If you want to carry out one of the above you will still need to notify us of what you want to do.
- Do I need Planning Permission and or Building Regulations?
- Permitted Development Rights for Householders – Technical Guidance
- Pre-application advice
- 45 degree code
- Considerate applicants
- Make an application
- Whats the difference between Planning Permission and Building Regulations?
- Factors affecting planning permission
- Guidance and policies
2nd Floor, Civic Centre
Telephone Switchboard 01922 650000
Telephone 01922 652677
Textphone and TextBox 0845 111 2910
At the First Stop Shop www.walsall.gov.uk/first_stop_shop.htm
Office opening times
Changes to the Planning Duty Service
From Monday 16th May, the Planning Duty Service at the Civic Centre will be operating revised opening hours. The new hours will be between 8:45 am to 1:00 pm Monday to Friday. If you are unable to visit the office during the new hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
In addition to the duty service, you can also continue to obtain pre-application advice via our normal service which is set out on the Council’s website. Direct links are provided below.
- For businesses – www.walsall.gov.uk/pre-application_advice_businesses
- For householder - www.walsall.gov.uk/pre-application_advice
Current opening times
- Monday to Thursday: 8.45am – 5.15pm
- Friday: 8.45am - 4.45pm
Please view our complaints and compliments webpage where you can complete an online contact form or alternatively you can print and complete our comments, compliments and complaints form.
- View our complaints/compliments webpage
This page was last updated on 27 April 2016