- View the next and historic committee reports
- Committee dates
- Can I attend the committee?
- Can I speak at the committee?
- What applications are determined by the committee?
- Where is the committee held and what time does it start?
- What help is available for disabled people?
Committee reports and minutes 2016/17
Archived committee reports and minutes
You are welcome to attend any planning committee and listen to the debate.
If you decide to attend the planning committee, copies of the agenda will be provided. The agenda contains reports of the planning applications that are to be decided at that meeting.
Not all of the reports are discussed in detail. Only those applications that have public speakers and where members of the committee need clarification of the issues raised in the report are usually discussed before a decision is made.
Sometimes decisions on applications are deferred so that further information can be obtained.
Applicants, agents and persons wishing to express a view about a planning application that is being reported to the Planning Committee will have a right to speak at the committee subject to the following rules:
- Anyone wishing to speak must register in writing (including e-mail or fax) with the planning officer at least one working day before the meeting.
- A list of persons wishing to speak arranged in order of the agenda will be produced for the chairman and members of the committee.
- Any person who has not given notice will only be allowed to speak at the discretion of the chairman.
- The committee may hear speakers either only for the applicant or only for objectors provided all parties have been given the opportunity to speak and one party chooses not to exercise his/her rights.
- The number of speakers including councillors will be restricted to a maximum of 2 in favour of an application and 2 opposing an application chosen by order of notification of a wish to speak.
- Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes each in respect of each application.
- Members of the committee may ask questions of speakers. Such questions will be put through the chair.
Details of the scheme will be included in the acknowledgement letter to agents/applicants and the notification letter to neighbours.
The committee starts at 5:30pm
The Council House
When you arrive at the Council House, we are happy to help you to and from your meeting. Please contact us at least 3 days before the meeting to arrange the help you require.
Equality and Diversity Team
2nd Floor, Civic Centre
Telephone 01922 652677
Textphone and TextBox 0845 111 2910
At the First Stop Shop www.walsall.gov.uk/first_stop_shop.htm
Office opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8.45am – 1.00pm
If you are unable to visit the office during the above hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
This page was last updated on 23 March 2017