Introducing Business Friendly Planning
The Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) which acts as a forum between business and local government has initiated a project to help guide businesses through the planning and development process in the Black Country. Walsall Council fully endorses this project and has been leading on the project with the other Local Planning Authorities in the Black Country. Visit the dedicated Business Friendly Planning page using the link to the right of this page to find out what we are doing and to view associated material.
- Do I need planning permission?
- Pre-application advice
- Make an application
- Whats the difference between Planning Permission and Building Regulations?
- Guidance and policies
- Adverts and Signs
- Change of use
- Change residential to a shop
- Fuel tanks
- Flues, Chimneys or Soil and Vent pipes
- Trees and Hedges
- Warehouses and Industrial Buildings
- Working from home
Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
If you are having construction or refurbishment work done, you may need to notify the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and you may have other duties as well.
- Visit the HSE website www.hse.gov.uk/construction/cdm/buildingcontrol.htm
Regeneration - Planning and Building Control
2nd Floor, Civic Centre
Telephone 01922 652677
Textphone and TextBox 0845 111 2910
At the First Stop Shop www.walsall.gov.uk/first_stop_shop.htm
Office opening times
- Monday to Thursday: 8.45am – 5.15pm
- Friday: 8.45am - 4.45pm
Please view our complaints and compliments webpage where you can complete an online contact form or alternatively you can print and complete our comments, compliments and complaints form.
- View our complaints/compliments webpage
This page was last updated on 04 November 2013