Equality and diversity
The Council takes its responsibility in regard to equality and diversity seriously.
Our equality objectives are:
- We will strive to have a diverse workforce, representative of the communities living in Walsall.
- We and our contractors will treat people and agencies, we work with, fairly, justly and with respect, in relation to both service delivery and employment.
- We will find ways to support those who are disadvantaged or excluded.
- We will promote inclusion and celebrate diversity and engage with local communities to identify equality issues and agree priorities
The Council has adopted a zero tolerance approach to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief (or no religion or belief), sexual orientation, class or social background, political belief or Trade Union affiliation.
Equality, Safety and Wellbeing provides a service to the council, both employees and elected members. We give support, advice and training on how to bring equality and diversity into everyday business and work.
Please note that we cannot act as advocates for individuals but we can clarify aspects of council policy and legislation around equality.
If you would like advice then contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service. It provides information advice and support on discrimination and human rights issues to individuals.
Our other pages give you information about equality and diversity in the Council.
- Communication including Interpreting, translation and transcription (ITT)
- Equality and the Law
- Council Equality and Diversity documents
- Equality Impact Assessments
- RADAR Key
For advice and for information in alternative formats contact us;
Consultation and Equalities
Change and Governance Directorate
This page was last updated on 03 November 2016