Elections and voting
This section of the site provides information on elections and voting.
The Parliamentary General Election is scheduled to take place on Thursday 7 May 2015. This will be combined with the Local Council Elections being held on the same day.
Nomination papers are available from Electoral Services Office, Ground Floor, Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS1 1AE now.
Further information will be posted here as it becomes available.
Notice of Election
Local Statement of Persons Nominated
Parliamentary Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll
- Statement of persons and notice of poll-parliamentary(PDF 38KB)
- Notice of poll - local (PDF 188KB)
- Notice of Situation of Polling Stations (PDF 98KB)
- local_timetable_2015 (PDF 41KB)
- parliamentary_timetable_2015 (PDF 43KB)
In 2014 there was a Combined European Parliamentary and Local Council Election on Thursday 22 May 2014, to elect MEPs and ward councillors.
There was also a By election held in Birchills-Leamore on Thursday 24 July, to elect a new ward councillor following the death of Councillor Tim Oliver in May.
On Thursday 21 August there was a Police and Crime Commissioner By Election across the whole of the West Midlands Police Area (covering Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Wolverhampton, and Walsall) following the death of Bob Jones.
Results for these elections can be obtained from the Electoral Services Office.
Polling station review:
- Final report to councill 2013 (PDF 31KB)
- Submission 1 (PDF 73KB)
- Submission 1 continued (PDF 29KB)
- Submission 2 (PDF 34KB)
- Submission 3 (PDF 17KB)
Polling District, Polling Stations Review 2013/14
- Notice of Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places (PDF 52KB)
- Review of Polling Districts & Polling Places submission form (PDF 22KB)
- Appendix A ARO comments (PDF 44KB)
- Aldridge Brownhills Polling Stations (Excel 11KB)
- Walsall North Polling Stations (Excel 12KB)
- Walsall South Polling Stations (Excel 12KB)
Elected Mayor referendum
- Number of signatures required on a petition for a referendum on whether the borough should have an elected Mayor (PDF 60KB)
The Electoral Services Office
The Electoral Services Office is responsible for all electoral registration and the administration and management of all elections within the borough.
You can also visit us at the address above, our office is situated on the ground floor and is accessible for people with disabilities. Our opening hours are 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Outside normal office hours there is an answerphone in operation. Please leave your name, number and query and we will contact you as soon as possible the following working day.
Fair processing notice
Be aware that council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end will use the information provided for the prevention and detection of fraud and for updating the council’s systems and records. Council may also share the details with other council services and other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these and other lawful purposes.
The Electoral Services Office
Telephone 01922 652502
Fax 01922 652040
This page was last updated on 05 October 2015