Elections and voting
This section of the site provides information on elections and voting.
The Boundary Commission for England has published its initial proposals for new constituency boundaries.
There is now a 12-week consultation, starting September 13 2016, for members of the public to see the proposed changes and give feedback.
You can view the proposals and maps for the boundaries of all English constituencies and make any comments on the Boundary Commission for England website.
These proposals have been made by the Boundary Commission and not the council. The council will respond to the proposals during the consultation period.
Notification of Referendum 2016
Referendum on the UK's membership of the European Union in the Walsall voting area.
- Notice of Poll (Word 29KB)
- Notice of Referendum (Word 66KB)
- Referendum Timetable (showing poll card delivery and postal votes) (PDF 46KB)
- Notice of Referendum Agents (Word 71KB)
Notice of combined election 2016
The Police & Crime Commissioner election is scheduled to take place on Thursday 5 May 2016. This will be combined with the Local Council Elections being held on the same day.
Nomination papers for the Local Elections are available from Electoral Services Office, Ground Floor, Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS1 1AE from the beginning of March.
- Notice of election - Local (PDF 13KB)
- Statement of persons nominated - Local (PDF 174KB)
- Notice of poll - local election (PDF 967KB)
- Notice of election - Police and Crime Commissioner (PDF 84KB)
- Notice of election addresses - Police and crime Commissioner (PDF 63KB)
- Statement of persons nominated - Police and Crime Commissioner (PDF 53KB)
- Notice of Poll - Police and Crime Commissioner (PDF 28KB)
Polling District, Polling Stations Review 2013/14
- Notice of Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places (PDF 52KB)
- Review of Polling Districts & Polling Places submission form (PDF 22KB)
- Appendix A ARO comments (PDF 44KB)
- Aldridge Brownhills Polling Stations (Excel 11KB)
- Walsall North Polling Stations (Excel 12KB)
- Walsall South Polling Stations (Excel 12KB)
Elected Mayor referendum
- Number of signatures required on a petition for a referendum on whether the borough should have an elected Mayor (PDF 60KB)
The Electoral Services Office
The Electoral Services Office is responsible for all electoral registration and the administration and management of all elections within the borough.
You can also visit us at the address below, our office is situated on the ground floor and is accessible for people with disabilities. Our opening hours are 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday and Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm.
Fair processing notice
Be aware that council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end will use the information provided for the prevention and detection of fraud and for updating the council’s systems and records. Council may also share the details with other council services and other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these and other lawful purposes.
The Electoral Services Office
Ground Floor - Council House
Telephone 01922 652502
Fax 01922 652040
This page was last updated on 27 September 2016