Local Access Forum
Local Access Forum members wanted
We are currently recruiting new members to the Walsall Local Access Forum. Voluntary members are needed to help the forum, which has been in operation for six years and at present has ten members. A link to more detailed information and an application form can be found at the bottom of this page.
The role of the forum
The forum was set up as required under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000. An independent body, it is a statutory advisor to Walsall Council and to other bodies on the improvement of public access to land in the area for the purpose of open-air recreation. The Local Access Forum is a group of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and interests with one goal - to deal with issues to do with access in Walsall.
In recruiting members of the Forum, we need to have a reasonable balance between representatives of:
- users of local rights of way or the public in relation to rights over access land
- land owners or occupiers
- any other relevant interests, for example tourism, sport, nature conservation and disabled access
We are looking for members from all the different interest groups, but in particular people who can represent cyclists, the needs of the disabled, and land managers. You may be a keen and regular cyclist, be knowledgeable about disabled access or have an interest in land management, and if so we’d like to hear from you.
The Walsall Local Access Forum meets at least at least once annually. The meetings are open to interested members of the public. It is important that members can attend all meetings. Members are appointed on a personal basis, according to their personal knowledge, skills or experience of access.
All Local Access Forum Meetings are open to the public and are held between 6.30 and 8.00pm in the Council House, Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS1 1TP. Local Access Forum meeting dates for 2011 are:
- Wednesday 7 March 2012
- Wednesday 6 June 2012
- Wednesday 12 September 2012
- Wednesday 5 December 2012
Details of the last meeting, held on Wednesday 7 December 2011 are below
- Access Forum Member application form (Word 25KB)
- Further Information (Word 50KB)
- Terms_Of_Reference_2009 (Word 76KB)
- Local Access Forum and Cycling Forum Presentation (PDF 4.6MB)
- Annual Report 2009-10 (Word 156KB)
- Annual Report September 2010 to December 2011 (Excel 42KB)
The Public Rights of Way Team
Engineering and Transportation
WS1 1 DG
Telephone 01922 654673
This page was last updated on 07 March 2013