Walsall Council responsibility
Walsall Council is responsible for dealing with:
- Council tax reduction (including second adult reduction)
- Housing benefit
- Free school meals
- Walsall crisis support scheme - awards (PDF 110KB)
We do not deal with applications for Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance– these are dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or your local Jobcentre.
We are committed to providing a quality service to our customers, both claimants and landlords.
The benefits service promotes take up and delivers the council tax reduction, housing benefit and free school meals service. We also provide advice and information on the range of welfare benefits to maximise the take up of benefits by the citizens of Walsall.
Latest benefits news
Council Tax Reduction Scheme April 2014 consultation
- View Council Tax reduction Scheme consultation leaflet (PDF 309KB)
- View Council Tax reduction Scheme option form (PDF 87)
- View the current scheme Council tax reduction (including second adult reduction)
Have your say
- Complete the option form and send it by post to Benefits Service or bring it in person to the Civic Centre or
- Email: email@example.com or
- Text 'Walsall ctsupport' followed by your message to 60003 or
- complete the option form online here
A Guide to Welfare Reforms
Telephone 0300 555 2855 for enquiries, to make a claim /report a change
Telephone 01922 652396 for enquiries about housing benefit overpayments
TextBox 01922 654000
This page was last updated on 18 November 2013