Reduce your disposal bills
All businesses, large or small, have a duty of care to ensure that their waste is disposed of properly. This duty is imposed by the Environmental protection Act (Sec 33). The duty was created to ensure that waste does not pollute the environment.
Recycle your trade waste
Walsall Council is now offering recycling collection contracts for the following types of business waste;
- office paper
- glass bottles and jars
- newspapers and magazines
There is a charge for this service but it is less than an ordinary disposal contract where your waste is sent to a landfill site. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org .Other recycling companies are listed in the telephone directory.
Minimise your waste
5 good reasons to minimise your business waste
- waste costs - by finding ways to reduce waste, your company could become more profitable.
- the true cost is often hidden - reduce waste, reduce losses. Often only the expense of disposal is recognised. Throwing out waste is throwing out money. Cost savings can be made through improved resource efficiency
- waste minimisation is good business - waste minimisation, could save your business money - savings that go straight to the bottom line.
- your reputation - customers, financial institutions, employees and suppliers have a growing interest in companies’ environmental performance: waste minimisation will show them how effectively and efficiently you control operations.
- legal consequences – companies, key directors and managers can face stiff penalties for failing to comply with environmental legislation, which gets tougher year by year. If you are a business producing or disposing of waste, there are various regulations that you need to comply with to ensure that you don’t get prosecuted.
BREW has produced a Commercial Waste Reduction Pack which is full of tips and ideas.
To obtain a paper copy of the pack e-mail your request to email@example.com or write to Policy and Performance, Street Pride, Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 1DB
Envirowise - offers your business free, independent, confidential advice and support on practical ways to increase profits, minimise waste and reduce environmental impact. Find out how Envirowise can help your business through their helpline on 0800 585 794, or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on 26 August 2016