Elections and voting
This section of the site provides information on elections and voting.
An election for the Police and Crime Commissioner for the West Midlands Police Area will take place on Thursday 21 August 2014.
- Notice of election (PDF 65KB)
- FInal Election Address and Submissions Notice (PDF 75KB)
- Notice of Election Agents (PDF 10KB)
- Statement of Persons Nominated (PDF 11KB)
A by election took place in the Birchills-Leamore Ward on Thursday 24 July 2014, following the death of Councillor Tim Oliver in May.
Local elections 2014
- Notice of Poll (PDF 243KB)
- View list of candidates standing in each ward (PDF 136KB)
- Local elections 2014 (PDF 16KB)
- Local elections timetables 2014 (PDF 38KB)
Nomination papers are available from Electoral Services Office, Ground Floor, The Council House, Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS1 1AE from the 17 March 2014.
European elections 2014
- View lists of candidates standing in the West Midlands region (PDF 148KB)
- European election 2014 (PDF 67KB)
The European Election will be combined with the Local Council Elections on Thursday 22 May. If you would like further information about the European Elections visit www.birmingham.gov.uk/euroelections2014
Polling station review:
- Final report to councill 2013 (PDF 31KB)
- Submission 1 (PDF 73KB)
- Submission 1 continued (PDF 29KB)
- Submission 2 (PDF 34KB)
- Submission 3 (PDF 17KB)
Polling District, Polling Stations Review 2013/14
- Notice of Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places (PDF 52KB)
- Review of Polling Districts & Polling Places submission form (PDF 22KB)
- Appendix A ARO comments (PDF 44KB)
- Aldridge Brownhills Polling Stations (Excel 11KB)
- Walsall North Polling Stations (Excel 12KB)
- Walsall South Polling Stations (Excel 12KB)
Elected Mayor referendum
- Number of signatures required on a petition for a referendum on whether the borough should have an elected Mayor (PDF 60KB)
The Electoral Services Office
The Electoral Services Office is responsible for all electoral registration and the administration and management of all elections within the borough.
You can also visit us at the address above, our office is situated on the ground floor and is accessible for people with disabilities. Our opening hours are 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Outside normal office hours there is an answerphone in operation. Please leave your name, number and query and we will contact you as soon as possible the following working day.
Fair processing notice
Be aware that council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end will use the information provided for the prevention and detection of fraud and for updating the council’s systems and records. Council may also share the details with other council services and other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these and other lawful purposes.
The Electoral Services Office
Telephone 01922 652502
Fax 01922 652040
This page was last updated on 16 February 2015