Application Forms and Fees
Black Country Validation Checklist
Following consultation on a new joint validation checklist covering the Black Country earlier this year, we are going live with a new document titled 'What do I need to submit a planning application?'. This replaces our previous local validation checklist and all planning applications received on or after the 1st September 2012 will need to take account of the revised information requirements. You can view the document and find out more in the link below:
Apply for Planning Permission
Benefits of applying online include:
- You can work on your application in draft before submission
- Immediate delivery
- Savings on postage and printing costs
- Online help function when completing applications
- Online record of your completed applications
Please note a planning application cannot be progressed until all the necessary supporting information and the appropriate fee is received.
- View a visual walkthrough of the online application service
- Guidance notes on submitting electronic files with planning applications (PDF 20KB)
Consents not available through the online system
The below link takes you to a list of consents that are not available through the online system. A paper application form will need to be printed and submitted to the Authority with the necessary plans / documents.
- Notice UnderNotice 14 under Article 11 of Application for Planning Permission for Householder Development.
(This notice is to be printed and served on individuals prior to completing Certificate B or C in the application form.)
Full Planning Permission
- Notice under Article 14 to be published in the newspaper if Certificate B or C is completed
- Notice under Article 14 to be published in the newspaper if Certificate C or D is completed
Darlaston Local Development Order
How much does it cost?
Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
If you are having construction or refurbishment work done, you may need to notify the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and you may have other duties as well.
- Visit the HSE website www.hse.gov.uk/construction/cdm/buildingcontrol.htm
Contact the Planning Portal
2nd Floor, Civic Centre
Telephone Switchboard 01922 650000
Telephone 01922 652677
Textphone and TextBox 0845 111 2910
At the First Stop Shop www.walsall.gov.uk/first_stop_shop.htm
Office opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8.45am – 1.00pm
If you are unable to visit the office during the above hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
In addition to the duty service, you can also continue to obtain pre-application advice via our normal service which is set out on the Council’s website. Direct links are provided below.
- For businesses – www.walsall.gov.uk/pre-application_advice_businesses
- For householder - www.walsall.gov.uk/pre-application_advice
Please view our complaints and compliments webpage where you can complete an online contact form or alternatively you can print and complete our comments, compliments and complaints form.
- View our complaints/compliments webpage
This page was last updated on 23 May 2016